Finding resources for your motherboard
This guide focuses on navigating Supermicro's website to obtain the latest drivers, firmware, and utilities for motherboards. You will need to know your motherboard model number, so if you do not have this information available you can obtain it with dmidecode.
- Proceed to Supermicro's main website at http://www.supermicro.com/index_home.cfm.
- Enter your motherboard model number in the Search field to the upper right of the page. In this example we will use the X9DRW-3F series board.
- Hit <Enter> or click on Search to be brought to the list of search results.
- If the motherboard model was typed correctly, the first result should provide the main support page for the board. Click on the first result to be taken to the support page.
- Click on any of the links under Links & Resources to be brought to downloads for your motherboard.
BIOS recovery procedure
Prerequisites: Failed motherboard with F9 POST code Latest BIOS release for your motherboard A FreeDOS / MS-DOS formatted USB drive (see our FreeDOS USB creation guide here) Instructions: If you do not already have a copy of the latest BIOS, head to ...
X9/X10 motherboard POST codes
B2 This error indicates a failure to connect to legacy peripherals. If you are using a KVM switch for the monitor and USB keyboard/mouse, remove it and plug the monitor and USB devices directly to the motherboard. Or, if your system’s operating ...
Introduction to IPMI
Q: What is IPMI? A: IPMI stands for Intelligent Platform Management Interface. It is in essence a web server that runs internally on your motherboard, powered by a separate ARM-based chip, also known as the baseboard management controller (BMC). The ...
Supermicro Update Manager (SUM)
Introduction The Supermicro Update Manager (SUM) can be used to manage the BIOS and BMC firmware image update and configuration update for select systems. In addition, system checks as well as event log management are also supported. Moreover, ...
Update BIOS firmware on multiple systems at once using Supermicro Update Manager (SUM)
One method to update BIOS and IPMI firmware remotely is via the Supermicro Update Manager command-line tool, a.k.a. "SUM". Before using SUM for BIOS updates, it is critical to ensure that all target systems are of the same motherboard model. If you ...