How to Install SuperDoctor on Linux
- Download latest version of SuperDoctor from Supermicro's website: supermicro.com/products/nfo/SMS_SD5.cfm
- Unzip the archive after it has finished downloading.
- Locate the SuperDoctor5Installer[...].bin file and rename it to SuperDoctor5Installer_5.4.0_build, or something similar, removing the ".bin" suffix:
sudo mv SuperDoctor5Installer_5.4.0_build.703_linux_x64_20160629131648.bin SuperDoctor5Installer_5.4.0_build
- Next, make the Installer file executable:
sudo chmod u+x SuperDoctor5Installer_5.4.0_build
- Finally, run the installer (sudo, or as root):
- Follow the prompts in the Installer to set up and install SuperDoctor. For additional notes, see the SuperDoctor5_UserGuide.pdf contained in the .zip archive.
- If you'd like to enable SNMP fuctionality, follow the instructions provided for your distribution (see below)
- If you opted to enable the Web GUI, you may now access your SuperDoctor install by visiting http://localhost:8181. The username/password is
SuperDoctor 5 SNMP extension configuration steps:
Do the following to enable the SNMP function provided by SuperDoctor 5:
As root, add the following line into the file /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf using 'echo':
echo "pass .126.96.36.199.4.1.10876 /opt/Supermicro/SuperDoctor5/libs/native/snmpagent" > /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf
- Restart the SNMP service:
sudo service snmpd restart
- For Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x, use the following command to allow the SNMP extension to access hardware resources:
sudo setsebool -P snmpd_disable_trans=1
- For Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x, open /etc/selinux/config file and replace
Load IPMI Modules on Linux
Common Errors: *Not seeing Ipmi information due to no device found. Kernel module may not be loaded. *Could not open device at /dev/ipmi0 or /dev/ipmi/0 or /dev/ipmidev/0: No such file or directory *Get Device ID command failed *Unable to open SDR ...
IPMI Drivers for Windows Server
Download Intel IMB driver: http://ipmiutil.sourceforge.net/kern/imbdrv130.zip Unzip to C:/temp Open a Command Prompt: "Cd C:\temp" "install.bat" to install the driver. Then you can use ipmiutil to check the ipmi functions: ...
Introduction to IPMI
Q: What is IPMI? A: IPMI stands for Intelligent Platform Management Interface. It is in essence a web server that runs internally on your motherboard, powered by a separate ARM-based chip, also known as the baseboard management controller (BMC). The ...
Create Linux LiveCD from Windows using Rufus
Download Rufus. Download a Linux ISO: Ubuntu: Direct Download: http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop Torrent, Net Install: http://www.ubuntu.com/download/alternative-downloads CentOS: Direct Download or Torrent: https://www.centos.org/download/ ...
IPMIUtil for Windows
Download IPMIUtil from SourceForge: http://ipmiutil.sourceforge.net/ Install IPMI Driver: https://siliconmechanics.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/208826086 Unzip files to any location and run as needed from command line. ipmiutil - a meta-command ...